About Me

My photo
Missoula, Montana, United States
On August 13th 2010

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Last Push for Independence

This Thanks Giving was unlike any I have ever shared before.  Last year at this time I was still wearing a back and neck brace, which was more like a constricting turtle shell.  I was also still living in the hospital and fully dependent on everyone around me.  This year I have finally made that final push to independence!

I recently had the hand controls installed in my car so that I am able to drive it.  It is an amazing feeling to finally be able to get up and go without having to ask someone to help me.  The word "independent" has a very powerful meaning.  You don't really know what it means until it is stripped away.  The crazy thing about it is, it only take one second for everything in your life to completely change.  So this holiday season take a second to appreciate everything you have around you.  Thanks everyone that has been following my story, your support has kept me going.  Happy Holidays!!

Here is a video I made showing how I go about driving now.  Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHceCNR6aI

1 comment:

  1. Man, this is so inspiring. We take so many things in life for granted. I am so glad you trusted yourself enough to break through all the barriers and get your independence. You go boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive