About Me

My photo
Missoula, Montana, United States
On August 13th 2010

Monday, December 5, 2011

My First Summer Post Spinal Cord Injury!

Over this past summer I have been using my Go Pro helmet camera to film the different recreational activities I have been able to get into.  I have spent the last five days hunched over my computer trying to put this together and it truly has been a ton of fun.

Making edits like this has been something that I have wanted to do for a very long time.  I heard this song while I was still in the hospital, and I remember thinking that it could make a very cool edit for speed flying.  Sadly though I assumed that I would never be able to do something exciting enough to put it to this song, due to the spinal cord injury.

In the end I think I did a pretty good job of proving that thought wrong.   This is a look at what is possible just one short year after a life changing accident.  I can only imagine what the following years have to bring.  Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1QwDLG-JIc

4 comments:

  1. Hey man, your recovery is pretty inspirational. I hope you continue living life to the fullest, and discovering new strength you never knew you had. If you're ever in Minnesota, hit me up . . . I would love to hear more about your experiences (aside from teaching high school English, I also write short-stories and yours sounds like a story definitely worth telling).

    -Butch Lehman (Minnesota Rollerblader Skeptic-Industries)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a courageous, strong, determined, and positive person. U are an inspiration and a hero to me, and I am sure many people. I have two sites. http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com or http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/champ291

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cool idea. I write this as a person with a SCI 35 years later.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive